The Student News Site of Oakmont High School

Norse Notes

Norse Notes

Norse Notes

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Uncovering the most hated object on the internet

Looking at the phenomena of the lavender Sharpie on TikTok.
An example of what the lavender Sharpie looks like. 
PC: Flickr
An example of what the lavender Sharpie looks like. PC: Flickr

A circle of betrayal, drama, scandal, and lies revolves around the notoriously hated lavender Sharpie, an object in a series of recorded markers made by an anonymous user on TikTok.

While it is unknown who created the internet series, its plot is anything but boring, as it is centered around the continuous bad decisions made by a lavender-colored Sharpie.

The trending short videos showcase the story of a group of two pairs of Sharpies, all of whom are dating, who welcome Lavender Sharpie to their group. While the girls of the group, Pink and Purple, suspect nothing of the new girl, ultimately, Lavender convinces the boys to cheat on their girlfriends, thus starting the betrayal of the series. 

Known as the “homewrecker” and “butterface” of TikTok, Lavender repeatedly uses men to get what she wants in the series and never owns up to her hurtful mistakes. 

TikTok users all around have the same boiling hatred for the inanimate Sharpie, yet never fail to miss the next episode uploaded by the anonymous user. 

A daily TikTok user, Leah Maupin, expresses her opinion of the estranged Sharpie. While Maupin knows it is simply an object, it does not stop her disdain for the Sharpie’s life choices. 

“I think she thinks she’s all that, but she’s nothing but a smelly, stinky Sharpie,” Maupin said. 

While it is in the air whether this school supplies series will continue, nobody can contradict the fact that it is prime entertainment to those who enjoy shows like “Gossip Girl,” “Euphoria,” or anything filled with constant high school drama. 

Will Lavender finally redeem herself and change for the better? Or will Lavender continue down her current path?

Only the creator of this brilliantly hated lavender Sharpie can decide whether or not this Sharpie’s hate will end.