The Student News Site of Oakmont High School

Norse Notes

Norse Notes

Norse Notes

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Why “TSITP” could end differently from the books

Rumors about the possible change to the finale of “The Summer I Turned Pretty.”
Alisi Tuatonga
Fans of the franchise wait to see if Conklin chooses Conrad or Jeremiah.

Whether or not you’re a fan of one of today’s best selling authors, Jenny Han,  you have probably heard about her teenage hit series, “The Summer I Turned Pretty.”

The basis of the book trilogy centers around the romantic relationships and life of Isabel “Belly” Conklin, whose life was forever changed when her 16th summer came around, where she was said to have finally turned “pretty.” 

The main ongoing plot and debate fans of this franchise face is whether or not Conklin should invest in a relationship with Conrad or Jeremiah Fisher, two brothers she has known since birth who are both in love with her. 

Although, in Han’s last book of the series, We’ll Always Have Summer, the book confirms that inevitably Conklin married Conrad Fisher, her childhood crush, and “infinite soulmate.”

In spite of that, rumors and Han’s comments indicate that the show may take a new direction, possibly one where Belly ends up with the other Fisher brother.

In an interview regarding the show’s release of its first season, Han explains that the show is not identical to the books, and that it showcased a “new medium.”

Based on Han’s remarks, fans are wondering if Conklin will choose Jeremiah as her final choice in the show’s ending.

“You never know what can happen with the show,” Han said. “I was open minded going into it [and] I was considering a lot of different possibilities.”

As the series released its second season this summer, both Jeremiah and Conrad fans are rivaling over which Fisher brother belongs with Conklin. Stakes are high for Han to fulfill a show that both satisfies the fans and stays true to her vision of the ending.

In light of the new season, it’s hard to pick a Fisher brother when both characters are admirable in various ways.

However, rumors of the show’s behind the scenes decisions will be put to rest when the finale of The Summer I Turned Pretty comes out in the future.

The only question that still lies is whether or not Han will change the ending of her show, contrary to the original one in her books.