The Student News Site of Oakmont High School

Norse Notes

Norse Notes

Norse Notes

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Spring Steam sale

The annual spring sale is back!
Popular online video game store Steam offers an annual sale on a variety of games.

PC: Trusted Reviews
Popular online video game store Steam offers an annual sale on a variety of games. PC: Trusted Reviews

Steam is an online store owned by Valve where you can purchase PC games. Their variety of games is not limited, from multiplayer cross-platform games to single-player story games.

Every year Steam announces the opportunity to buy their games from anywhere between 10-75% off. These games will be on sale between March 14-21. 

The games on sale this year range from more expensive to cheaper games, all with different discounts. Some games include “Jurassic World Evolution 2,” “Among Us,” “The Last of Us Bundle,” and “Dead by Daylight.”

“Among Us” 

One of the games on the sale this year is “Among Us.” “Among Us” is an online cross-platform multiplayer game fitted for 4-15 players. It takes place on a spaceship with a murder mystery storyline. You and your group complete tasks while avoiding the unidentified killer. 

Before the sale, “Among Us” was priced at $4.99. With the spring sale price drop of 40%, the game is now priced at $2.99. Along with this, 90% of players rated the game very highly in the last 30 days.

“Dead by Daylight”

“Dead by Daylight” is a multiplayer horror game. One player plays as the killer and 4 play as survivors with the option to buy a  DLC to access better gameplay. 

Normally, this game is priced at $19.99, but Steam has generously given us a 60% discount, bringing it down to $7.99. Some of the DLCs for the game are also discounted by 50% such as Leatherface, Headcase, Alien Chapter Pack, Ghost Face, and many more.

“Jurassic World Evolution 2”

“Jurassic World Evolution 2” is the sequel to the beloved game, “Jurassic World Evolution.” This new game builds on the simulation-based game that they had before. This game is a single-player building game where you build and run the park how you want. 

The “Jurassic World Evolution 2” and Deluxe Edition are both on sale with an amazing 70% discount bringing the price down from $69.99 to $20.99.  

“The Last of Us Bundle”

“The Last of Us Bundle” allows you to buy both games in the “The Last of Us” franchise  for one price. This game is a single-player horror game that takes place in a zombie apocalypse.

The price of the bundle dropped by 28% during the sale, from $69.99 to $50.19. If you want to just buy one part of the game during the sale, you can purchase it for 33% off the original price.