The Student News Site of Oakmont High School

Norse Notes

Norse Notes

Norse Notes

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Pokémon Presents Day

On Feb. 27, Pokémon unveiled information about what is happening with the franchise.
A logo of the new main series Pokémon game that is a prequel to the Kalos region. PC: Pokémon

The Pokémon Company just announced new info on what is happening with Pokémon games such as Masters, Scarlet, and Violet. 

The Pokémon Company CEO, Tsunekazu Ishihara, along with other personnel, discussed various events happening in multiple Pokémon games. They went over things like the new Pokémon Horizons anime, Scarlet and Violet tera raid events available for a limited time, updates for their mobile games, and talked about a mobile version of their trading card game.

Despite all this, the most interesting thing that the company announced is a new game for the mainline series called Pokémon Legends Z-A, which will release in 2025 worldwide.

Pokémon Legends Z-A is based on Pokémon X and Y and Legends Z-A will take place only in Lumiose city. This was a large city that was located in the Kalos region.

From the trailer, it seems this game will represent the past tense of the Kalos region and the development of Lumiose city, showing how it came to be.

Other information is that megas are going to return in this game and that there will be a new trio of starters who may get a new evolution, with a possible new mega evolution.With introduction of megas in this game, it likely means that in future main line games, megas won’t return. This might be the case as back when Legends Arceus released, it introduced strong style and agile style moves. These did not return in Pokémon Scarlet in Violet. This likely means megas will only be in future Legends Pokémon games. 

Overall, this is really exciting news for Pokémon and it’s a good thing that The Pokémon Company is slowing down on releases. 

I feel that it is too early to assess how I feel about the game, but I am still excited to see the trailers they have in the future and who the starters could be. I am a little worried that it will only be in one part of the Kalos region instead of the entirety of the region, but I need to see more trailers. Overall, I think that the trailer is interesting and exciting and I hope that this game will not be the same old, same old that a lot of Pokémon games have in terms of gameplay, and that it actually does something new. 

I’m excited for future trailers and can’t wait to see what The Pokémon Company does with this game.