The Student News Site of Oakmont High School

Norse Notes

Norse Notes

Norse Notes

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

The very best slice of Sac

The tastiest pizza in all of Sacramento.
The perfected pepperoni at Slice of Old Town.
Maria Gonzales

Sacramento is full of so much culture and life. Luckily for us all, both are beautifully demonstrated in the exquisite cuisine of Sacramento’s pizza parlors – but which place takes the cake for being the very best pizza Sacramento has to offer?

Tucked away along the banks of the Sacramento River, Old Town Sacramento hosts some of the finest pizzas in Northern California. With so many options to choose from and so many different types of pizzerias to sift your way through, one may get overwhelmed and find themselves lost, out of touch with Sac Town’s very best.

Two top-rated exquisite eateries stand out amongst the crowd, Frankie’s Pizza and Slice of Old Town, both with 4+ star ratings.

Frankie’s Pizza, located on 200 K St., in the historic waterfront district of Old Town, is a tasteful twist on the classics – as well as simply just the classics. Although only opening recently, Frankie’s has cemented itself as one of the best through its delicious pies, tangy wings, and vibrant salad bar.

Its classic pepperoni pizza is an amazing go-to, with crispy pepperoni, gooey cheese, and just the right amount of crunchy crust.

The full-of-flavor “Backyard BBQ” at Frankie’s Pizza. (Maria Gonzales)

However, nothing can top the fan-favorite “Backyard BBQ.” With smoky BBQ sauce, stretchy mozzarella, buttery cheddar, juicy chicken, fiery jalapenos, tangy BBQ lines, crispy fried onions, and zesty green onions, this masterful creation leaves you craving more even if you’re stuffed full.

“I’m not typically a fan of chicken barbeque pizza, but this one was really good. It was a really good combination of sweet and spicy, and it was loaded with lots of toppings,” said Frankie’s customer, Estela Gonzales.

Don’t get it twisted though. Just because something is complex doesn’t mean it’s superior.

On 1019 2nd St., a quaint little pizza joint serves the best single-slice pizza in all of the 916. Slice of Old Sacramento, also on the historic waterfront of Old Town, is a warm, inviting slice of history that has served the community for years.

Although possessing various intricate and specialized pies that draw in new customers each day, they have perfected the craft of a classic pepperoni pizza, which ultimately is a huge, magnifying attraction to locals and tourists alike.

Just the right amount of perfectly salted pepperoni, stretchy, gooey (but not overwhelming), cheese, and full of flavor. Crunchy crust is the recipe for the perfect slice of pepperoni pizza, which Slice of Old Sacramento has perfected to a T.

Their pizza encompasses every bit of beauty one will observe in the Sacramento streets as they sink their teeth into this slice of heaven. The outside seating allows customers to enjoy the bustling and flourishing life of Sacramento, making dining at Slice of Old Sacramento an amazing experience.

Overall, throughout all of the exquisite pizzerias in the Sacramento region, if one is looking for the very best, one shall go to Frankie’s Pizza and a Slice of Old Sacramento in the beautiful waterfront district of Old Town Sacramento.