The Student News Site of Oakmont High School

Norse Notes

Norse Notes

Norse Notes

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

The Albums of the Year

All the new albums dropping this spring.
Lots of artists are releasing albums this year. PC: Aiden Cusack

Some of the top artists announced new albums this year. It will be a year of new music with artists and genres where everyone will have something to listen to, with pop, hip-hop, rap, country, and more being released.

The first half of this year will be a journey of music within itself, with some of the top dominating artists of billboards and musical awards dropping albums. It will not only be current artists with new releases, as some of the top bands from the ‘90s are releasing more music, like Pearl Jam and New Kids on the Block.

Already this year, Sabrina Carpenter released a pop single titled “Espresso” and in early March, Ariana Grande released her first album after a three-year break, “Eternal Sunshine.” Beyonce also dropped her album “Cowboy Carter”, which was her first country album. 

In April of this year, some of the bigger albums released include Taylor Swift’s eleventh studio album, “The Tortured Poems Department”, released on April 19th, and Pearl Jam’s twelfth studio album, “Dark Matter.” 

This isn’t the only time when two artists released their music on the same day, with both Dua Lipa and Sia releasing albums on May 3. Dua Lipa’s album, titled “Radical Optimism,” is her third studio album. Sia released her tenth studio album, titled “Reasonable Women.” 

But, the biggest day in music this year will be May 17, with six different artists releasing albums: Billie Eilish, New Kids on the Block, Twenty-One Pilots, and Zayn, Beth Gibbons, Don MclLean

“Hit Me Hard and Soft” will be Eilish’s third studio album after her debut album released in 2019. New Kids on the Block will release their ninth studio album since their debut in 1984. Their newest album is titled “Still Kids.” 

Twenty One Pilots are releasing their album called “Clancy” and it will be their seventh studio album. Zayn will also be releasing his third studio album as a soloist, called “Room Under the Stairs.”

On May 24th, Lenny Kravitz announced the release of his eleventh studio album, “Blue Electric Light”, which is his first album release since 2018. 

Bon Jovi is also releasing his album “Forever”, which is his latest release since 2020, on June 7th. Megan Trainor is also releasing an album in June, called “Timeless”, which will be released on June 14th.

The beginning of this year will have plenty of music coming out for every type of music lover.