The Student News Site of Oakmont High School

Norse Notes

Norse Notes

Norse Notes

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

OHS Boys Volleyball barely misses D3 playoff finals

A look at this year’s boys volleyball season.
The published announcement was found on the OHS Volleyball page. PC: oakmontvolleyball

Given the amount of talent this team has brought into Oakmont’s Volleyball athletics this year, the boys have made an impressive run in playoffs, making it all the way to semifinals.

Though it was a tough loss for the Vikings against Christian Brothers High School, losing all three sets, nevertheless the boys showed great effort and skill in the game.

Although the Vikings were in the playoffs two years ago, this season’s run has been the longest yet, and the team almost made it to finals.

The game itself was challenging, as the flow of the match wasn’t its usual pace, which unfortunately didn’t allow the Vikings to make plays.

Senior Ethan Blomquist breaks down the Christian Brothers match, coming from the viewpoint of an opposite (right side).

“We had pretty rough patches, some slow starts and finishes,” Blomquist said. “But the game is pretty well played all around because we’re a really good team.”

Although being his last high school volleyball game ever, Blomquist looks at his senior season as his favorite memory of Oakmont volleyball, given how far the team had come.

In relation to the team itself, the boys volleyball team also experienced their last game with their six seniors, who are all graduating this year.

Matthew Fulton, a junior on the team, recognizes his favorite senior, Mark Uruskyy, who was a great teammate on and off the court.

“I like Mark a lot,” Fulton said. “He’s just very funny and also a skilled player.”

Speaking of Uruskyy himself, the senior positively reflects on his last season, being exceptionally proud of the hard work and high energy the team carried throughout the year.

Uruskyy advises the future boys volleyball team to keep up that same level of effort and work, which will make them successful again in the future.

“Just take practices seriously because this is very important,” Uruskyy said. “I think if we would take it more seriously it would be even better.”

In short, congratulations to Oakmont’s boys volleyball team, for their phenomenal season and long run in this year’s playoffs.