The Student News Site of Oakmont High School

Norse Notes

Norse Notes

Norse Notes

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Senior assassin season

The class of ‘24’s victors.
Mickelsen and Houser flic up as they work their way towards senior assassin victory. PC: Nik Mickelsen

Senior assassin kicked off as the school year inched towards a close, and after weeks of intense play and lasting memories made, Nik Mickelsen and Harry Houser have come out on top.

A decades long tradition full of fun, senior assassin consists of getting a new “target” (a fellow student) each week who you must “assassinate” by squirting them with a water gun before the week ends. 

As easy as this may sound, winning this game is no simple task, as participants must obey several rules, such as where the “assasination” can take place, what makes targets immune from “assassination,” and even more challenging, how to actually track down and “assassinate” the target in time.

All of these minute factors make setting up and running senior assassin a difficult task, but luckily for Oakmont High, senior class president Leen Darwich was ready to tackle this strenuous task.

“I feel pretty good about running senior assassin! At first, I was stressed because I had no clue what I was doing, but as the week went on, I felt a bit better about it”, said Darwich.

Many were extremely grateful for Darwich’s selflessness in taking charge and utilization of her organization skills, to make this senior year as fun as possible. 

A member of the winning pair, Mickelsen, was extremely thankful for the opportunity to play senior assassin, a silly little tradition, as his childhood came to a close and he began the next stage of life. 

“Senior assassin was a very fun experience and I think everyone should play. I got to have fun with friends and win money!” said Mickelsen.

This year, the grand prize was a whopping $240, split between the winning partners, meaning Mickelesen and Houser came away from this experience with not just lasting memories of teenagerhood to carry into their adulthood, but also $120 each!

“It feels pretty good to be a winner,” said Mickelsen.