The Student News Site of Oakmont High School

Norse Notes

Norse Notes

Norse Notes

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Kindness Week

This spirit week is all about celebrating being kind to others.
A bunch of hearts on the wall that students could find 
so they can get Minga points.
Jocelyn Hughes
A bunch of hearts on the wall that students could find so they can get Minga points.

During the week of Feb. 12 to Feb. 16, Oakmont organized activities that showcased kindness.

Friends with Faces Challenge 

Feb. 12: On this day, friends could do the Minga faces challenge. This event entails students going to their Minga app, and from there, posting a picture of themselves and their friends making a funny face.

A couple of friends take a photo in the
cafeteria for the challenge to get Minga
points.
PC: Gloria Dedyk

Chalk it up in the Quad

Feb. 13: On this day, students had the option to go to the quad and use chalk, which allowed them to write various messages or drawings promoting kindness.

Chalk drawings that promote kindness done by students during
their lunch period.
(Jocelyn Hughes)

Kindness Grams

Feb. 14: On this day, during second period, ASB delivered kindness grams to students’ classes. 

Photo of a candy gram that contains lollipops and a nice
message.
(Jocelyn Hughes)

Strike a Pose

Feb. 15: On this day, teachers striked poses with their students. From there, the teachers would post this picture in the Minga app.

Photo of a student and a teacher striking
a thumbs-up pose.
PC: Alexander Konkoff

Heart Scavenger Hunt

Feb. 16: On this day, students could turn in the heart with their name on it for Minga points. Throughout the week, students could have looked around the campus for a paper heart with their name on it. The first two people who could find their heart, depending on what lunch schedule they had, would receive an extra prize in addition to their gained Minga points. The extra prize was a discount on ticket prices for future dances.

so they can get Minga points.
(Jocelyn Hughes)