The Student News Site of Oakmont High School

Norse Notes

Norse Notes

Norse Notes

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Welcome Oakmont’s new Resource Officer

Oakmont receives a new resource officer to help watch over the school.
Junior Brooke Waters and Officer Bugarin pose in his office
Brooke Waters

In January, Oakmont High School welcomed a new resource officer, Brent “Bug” Bugarin to their campus!

This is his first year being an officer at a high school. So far, he seems to like it.

“It was smaller than what I was used to,” Bugarin said. “Bit of diverse, it was just different. I was used to the college settings.”

The staff has been “really welcoming” to him. Bugarin has only met a few teachers at the moment, but he thinks the staff and custodians are cool.

“I’m hoping things will get a lot more comfortable,” Bugarin said.

Bugarinis just like us all, a human. When he’s not in uniform, he also enjoys hobbies.

“Main thing is I usually work out, go to the gym a lot, or at least I try to,” Bugarin said.

Bugarin has a family of his own he spends most of his time with.

Bugarin is also a sports fan! He played football in college and did boxing growing up. His favorite football team is the 49ers.

In high school, he says his favorite subject was math, but then when he got to pre-calculus it got difficult. 

“I liked getting equations, figuring out the different processes eliminating the x’s and finding the values of this and that,” Bugarin said.

Talking about music, Bugarin likes to listen to them all!

“I like Hawaiian music, I like J Boog… I can also listen to rap and R&B,” Bugarin said.

Bugarin has a few things he looks forward to joining in the Spring semester.

“Get to know people. Meet the staff, meet the students,” Bugarin said. “Kind of get comfortable to get in where I fit in.”

Bugarin is very welcomed to be here as our new Resource Officer and we’re glad he feels the same!