The Student News Site of Oakmont High School

Norse Notes

Norse Notes

Norse Notes

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

A new addition to the tennis community

Oakmont’s tennis team gets brand-new courts.
Leah Maupin
A snippet of the brand new tennis courts at Oakmont.

Oakmont’s tennis team is happy to announce the arrival of their new tennis courts. The construction started last year and Oakmont and its tennis team are overjoyed with the results.

Last year, the girls’ tennis team made it as far as almost winning a division title and had many players go to sectional finals and tournaments. 

Lane Bacchi, the head coach for both the boys’ and girls’ tennis teams, thought that the new tennis courts made them feel represented in the Oakmont community. In addition, the time, energy, and money Oakmont devoted to providing for the new courts also helped the tennis team feel greater as a whole.

“I feel like the girls who have now played a whole season on the courts enjoy practice more because they’re like ‘wow this facility is so nice’ and I think it’s more about a pride thing,” Bacchi said.

The teams knew that their courts were not the greatest before and Bacchi realized a change was needed for them to get even better. Getting new courts allowed them to not only feel good, but look good as well.

“In recent years, it’s always kind of been like our facility hasn’t been up to par,” Bacchi said. “Our floors were cracked and our nets were always kind of low.” 

Bacchi also commented on how great the atmosphere has been at practice since the courts opened up.

“The atmosphere has been great since we got the new courts, you know it’s like a new facility,” Bacchi said.

All in all, getting new tennis courts for this amazing team was long overdue and all of Oakmont is ecstatic to see what is to come from both boys and girls tennis teams this year.