The Student News Site of Oakmont High School

Norse Notes

Norse Notes

Norse Notes

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

“Puffs” opens at Oakmont

A look into opening night.
    Oakmont High School performed “Puffs” for their fall play.

On Thursday, Oct. 12, “Puffs” opened at Oakmont High School. The show was a Harry Potter parody that was written in 2015 by Matt Cox and directed by the new drama teacher, Mr. Cornfield. It starred Micah Gardner, Liam Thomson, Jeane Nelson, and Anand Gill in the main roles.

The show had quite a few freshmen who were performing at Oakmont for the first time, onebeing Katie Beth Thomson. This being her first show at Oakmont, she was very excited. 

“I’ve been dreaming of this for so long, seeing my brother performing in plays,” says Thomson. “It’s very exciting to be onstage.”

Not only were there freshmen acting for the first time, there were freshmen, such as Kylie Roth, in tech for the first time.

“A couple of my friends throughout middle school were always doing tech,” says Roth. “I was like ‘Yeah, I wanna be included in all this stuff.’ So this was like ‘Oh my God you actually get to get included in all this stuff with all these new friends.’”

The show itself was amazing. The plot was hilarious and witty, and the acting was beautiful. A parody of Harry Potter, it showed the series from the perspective of the Hufflepuffs, a residential house from the well-known series. Going through all seven books, the show really showed how the background characters in the books must have felt. 

With a cast of 15 actors, many of them played multiple roles, switching certain costume pieces for different characters. The doors on the set were also used to assist with this effect. An actor would go into the door as one character and leave the door as another. 

While the turnout was great, the audience consisted of more parents and family members than students. All in all, the show was a must-see.