The Student News Site of Oakmont High School

Norse Notes

Norse Notes

Norse Notes

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Men and the Roman Empire

New TikTok trend arises about how much men think about the Roman Empire.
Augustus Caesar, the first Roman emperor after the republic who led the transformation of Rome from a republic to an empire. PC: worldhistory.org

How much do you think about the Roman Empire? Some people might say never, but to most men on TikTok, the answer is all the time.

The Roman Empire occurred around 625 BC and was arguably the greatest empire in history, known for its advanced military, political, and social institutions. The empire started in Rome and quickly spread to conquered areas of Africa, Europe, and Asia.

A recent Tiktok trend is gaining attention where someone asks a man how many times a day they think about the Roman Empire.

No one knows when the trend originally started, but many of the men asked have the same answer. 

We decided to ask people around Oakmont how many times a day they think of the Roman Empire. 

“Probably every nanosecond honestly,” junior Troy Maxom said.

To get to the bottom of the trend, we also asked why they even think of the Roman Empire, and what makes it so interesting to guys.

“I just feel like if I was in that era I would definitely invent guns and start a lot more wars,” junior Cooper Kunis said.

There is also no age boundary, as we asked some of our friends’ dads if they ever think about the Roman Empire, and we found that Joseph Davidson does and actually just finished a documentary about it.

He found that era very interesting and fascinating to read and watch about, particularly the military style and how it dominated in war.

“I just finished a documentary about it, and it’s crazy how advanced the military was back then and its weapons,” Davidson said.

No matter the reason, men of all ages seem to have the same answer when it comes to this question, and no one really knows why or how.

Despite its confusing nature, it’s still a very entertaining trend that an abundance of people enjoy watching.