Kayla Molina

One of Oakmont’s paraeducators and how she loves her job.

Hannah Layland, Staff Writer

Kayla Molina is one of our paraeducators here at Oakmont. She works with students who have certain disabilities to help them grow and become better versions of themselves.

“I really enjoy helping students, who are younger than me and have a lot of potential and I like to get that out of people,” Molina said. 

To Ms. Molina, being a paraeducator is one of the best feelings in the world. When she sees students succeed, it makes her feel good to know that she is doing her job well. 

“I try to always play into their interests, to get to know them and see where they want to be in the future, telling positive stories and relating to them since I’m not much older and I went through the same challenges,” Molina said. 

Molina has worked with many different types of students, from football players to cheerleaders. It is hard to know 

who is in special education, because to Molina, it is just one big mix of amazing kids that she gets to work with.

“I work with all different types of students in special education in the three different programs, (SMD, FSP, RSP) and I work with students of different levels of what they need from a paraeducator,” Molina said. 

Molina is currently going through the process of being certified to be a math teacher for mainstream, and she is not far from it. 

“I was once in high school, so I can relate to being let down and not wanting to do work anymore, so it’s easy for me to relate to a struggling student and help them through it,” Molina said.

Molina loves every student she works with and forms bonds with them, through their own interests and helps them get through their tough times. 

At home she has a daughter and a fiancé, and spends a lot of time at the gym.  “Oakmont is like one big family. We have respect and we care for each other and it shows,” Molina said.