Office Roundup

Featuring Oakmont office staff.

Evelina Wright

The office staff dressed up for the week of Halloween!

Evelina Wright, Photo Editor

The office staff are an amazing group of individuals, however, many students don’t know who they are or have not met them. Let’s meet our lovely office staff!!

Jenna Garofalo at her desk in the office. (Evelina Wright)

Jenna Garofalo, a new member to the office, joined the staff in February of 2022. 

“I am the counselor’s assistant,” Garofalo said. “So if you want to see your counselor, make an appointment. If you have any questions regarding your transcript, college, your grades, classes, anything like that, I’m there to help you.” Garofalo said. She adds that “if you want to [just] say hi” to come on by!

A thing to ask her about is her love of anime. 

“Most kiddos like to come by my desk to talk about anime and my tattoos,” Garofalo said.

Christina Winn clearly visible as a student walks past Student Services. (Evelina Wright)

Christina Winn is a new member of the Oakmont pack. Joining last April, her favorite part of her job is working with kids.  

“I love working with students,” Winn said. 

Although she says she could do what she does for work elsewhere. She is a register and data manager, which means she works with your school records and transcripts. Winn makes it apparent that she really loves working with Oakmont students.  

A fun fact about Winn is that she has nine dogs of all kinds, so when you stop by, ask about them! 

Melissa Pineda clearly visible as students enter the office. (Evelina Wright)

Melissa Pineda joined the Viking family in 2017. She started by working in the cafeteria, which she says is where some students know her from. 

“I work for student services, so I have a lot of interaction with students purchasing tickets or purchasing anything on campus,” Pineda said. “Anything club-wise [I can help with, or] if they need information.” 

Something she enjoys is when she gets to talk with staff and students. 

Amber Smith at her desk, available at the front entrance to the office. (Evelina Wright)

Amber Smith, who has worked at Oakmont for almost a year, is the attendance clerk. 

“Anytime a student is out, or has been marked absent or tardy or truant, you can come see me and I can help resolve that issue for you,” Smith said.

Smith adds that, in a nutshell, you can come to her with questions about anything.

“I can probably answer it or find the right person for you,” Smith said.

Another reason to visit her is to see her cool Halloween costumes! 

Lupe De La Cruz at her desk across from the Nurse. (Evelina Wright)

Lupe De La Cruz, like most of the office members, joined recently in August and is ready to help students with registering for sports. 

“I’m an admin assistant for athletics and I love my job; I can help students out with the process of signing up for sports,” De La Cruz said. “I also help at student services and really any question that they have because if I don’t know the answer I’ll find somebody who can help.” 

She loves working with students and staff, but a little known fact about her is that she loves Korean food. 

“I am obsessed! Currently I am just engrossed in the culture and the food,” De La Cruz said. Her favorite dish is Bulgogi. 

Debbie Sanders at her desk near the vice principals’ offices. (Evelina Wright)

Debbie Sanders has been a wonderful resource to students for 26 years. 

“I’m the secretary to the assistant principals – three of them,” Sanders said. “Along with being their secretary, I handle all the kids that are sent up by teachers that need to be seen by an assistant principal. I also help out in student services.” 

Sanders is a primary source in the office to go to for questions, because she not only is close with the assistant principals, but she also works with student services. 

Rebecca Fielder in Oakmont’s yearbook. (Oakmont High School)

Rebecca Fielder has been working at Oakmont, for 5 years. She assists with illnesses and emergencies on campus. She also provides health education. 

“I can answer questions about diseases and overall health questions,” Fielder said. She adds that she would also like to partner more with Health Academy. 

In addition to working at Oakmont, she has been helping other schools by being a part-time nurse there as well. 

A favorite thing Fielder loves about working at Oakmont is watching students grow from freshman to seniors. 

“I love the beach and my wife and kids,” Fielder said.