Ashley Pavloff’s last year of high school soccer

A passionate athlete’s thrilling four years of soccer.

Ashley+Pavloff+is+seen+here+playing+in+the+last+game+at+a+college+showcase+tournament+in+Norco%2C+California.+

Lisa Mendenhall

Ashley Pavloff is seen here playing in the last game at a college showcase tournament in Norco, California.

Maddy Lott, Staff Writer

Senior Ashley Pavloff has spent her last four years playing soccer for Oakmont. This is what she has revolved her life around since the very young age of five. While she has a love for it, she has mixed feelings about her last few months of high school soccer.

Pavloff was on JV as an underclassmen and has been playing on varsity since her junior year.

“I’ve been looking forward to senior year of soccer since I was a freshman,” Pavloff said.

Senior year of soccer holds a special place in Pavloff’s heart because of all the exciting events that take place, like senior night.

“I am especially excited for senior night because it is a chance to celebrate each player individually and to be recognized for the hard work we all put into the team,” Pavloff said.

Soccer is especially meaningful to Pavloff because of the lifelong friendships she has made during her experience. She met her best friend during high school soccer which is why playing the sport has meant so much to her.

“Meeting friends through sports has always been fun for me because we always have so much in common and get to enjoy the same passion for the sport we love,” Pavloff said.

Showing off her skills in front of the school is another reason why playing for Oakmont is so exhilarating for Pavloff. She is an avid soccer player who constantly practices in her free time to always improve her skills.

“I love practicing soccer in my free time so I can better my skills everyday,“ Pavloff said. “I have made it my goal to be the best soccer player I can be.”

Pavloff hopes that all of her hard work will pay off for her last year. She wants to improve her skills to make the most of the season.

Representing Oakmont in a positive way is a key reason why Pavloff enjoys being a part of the soccer community. 

“It is very important to me to represent my school in a good way and being involved in school activities has made the four years very fun,” Pavloff said.

Pavloff is looking forward to her senior year and final year playing for her high school. She hopes that she can make it the most enjoyable season yet.