A farewell to our beloved Mrs. Price

Mrs. Price has said goodbye to Oakmont.

Mrs. Price in her used-to-be office enjoying her time helping students.

Sophia Earnest

Naomi Mitten-Voget, Staff Writer

Mrs. Price is the technician in the College and Career Center. She has been a part of the Oakmont community for nine years and worked in the college and career center for three years.

“[It was a] very good experience, it’s fun to help you guys,” Price said.

She has helped many students figure out where they want to go to college, given them advice on how to get started on applications, and much more for Oakmont students.

Price joined the education industry so that she was able to be on the same school schedule as her daughters while they were in school. She also wanted to have summers and breaks off to spend time with them.

“But now they are out of college and in college,” Price said. “So I don’t need to have that schedule anymore.”  

Price’s Oakmont experience has helped her get her next job in the private sector since she did so many things here to support Oakmont. 

“Flyers, publicizing websites, social media, that’s stuff they want in the private sector,” Price said.

Out of the nine years of working for Oakmont, her favorite moments were when seniors came in celebrating their acceptances into college. 

“Hearing your guys’ successes, those are the moments I like,” Price said.

Price will be missed as much as she will miss helping and supporting us Vikings. 

“I’ll miss the kids, you guys and just the interactions to help you guys plan after high school,” Price said.

Now that Mrs. Price isn’t a part of the Oakmont community, Mrs. Myles will be doing all College and Career Center related business until a new Viking is found.