Fun Fall Activities in our Area

Pumpkin Patches and More to Bring Joy to your Fall Season

There are many seasonal activities you can have fun doing this fall.

Apple Hill

Marika Alexander, Staff Writer

During this fall season, places like Apple Hill in Placerville and Bishop’s Pumpkin Farm in Wheatland are still open for the public’s enjoyment in our area.

“It’s a great way to spend [the] day,” sophomore Marissa Laucirica said. “There’s so many great things you can experience.”

Known for its delicious cider and donuts, Apple Hill attracts many people from the Placer area to purchase these items. Besides the delicious food, Apple Hill has many attractions and small businesses around the lot worth checking out as well. 

“My favorite sweet was the apple donuts; they’re always warm and fresh from their bakery,” senior Zoe Stout said. “I looked around some of the small business tents and what’s always most interesting to me is the hand-made jewelry people have made.”

Similar to Apple Hill, Bishop’s Pumpkin Farm is another fun fall place that is also worth checking out.

“It was actually my first time going to Bishop’s, so I didn’t really know what to expect,” Laucirica said. “My favorite thing about Bishop’s was the corn maze; it was fun to walk around and try to find our way back.”

Bishop’s is known for its large attractions like it’s pumpkin patch and corn maze, but also has many more fun attractions like a train and a zipline. The site is guaranteed to be fun to go to with family and friends. 

“I saw hayrides, a mini zip line, a massive slide, mini plaster for kids and of course, the pumpkin picking,” senior Eliana Baissa said. “You can actually do apple picking and eat amazing apple donuts at Rainbow Orchards.”

These places are perfect to go to if one wants to get into the fall spirit. The attractions are family friendly and a wonderful place to spend the weekend.

“It was such a great sight,” Baissa said. “I would most definitely recommend [it] as a fun fall place to go. It has options for everyone.”